Abstracts are being invited for presentations at a conference on Acquisition of Chinese: Bilingualism and Multilingualism, which will take place on 1-3 July 2019 at Churchill College, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, the United Kingdom. The aim of the conference is to bring together researchers in the fields of bilingual and multilingual research to discuss issues in L2, L3 or Ln acquisition of Chinese by children, adults and/or heritage speakers. We particularly welcome abstracts on theoretical and empirical approaches to these themes.
1. The submission of abstracts opens on 1st Oct (BST: 00:01 am) 2018 and closes on 31st Dec (GMT: 11:59 pm) 2018.
2. Notifications of presentation acceptance will be sent out by 15th Feb. 2019.
1. Abstracts are submitted via EasyChair (please find the link below)
2. The following paper categories are welcome:
Oral presentation (length of presentation: 20 + 10 min.)
Poster presentation (A0 or A1, portrait)
3. Submissions must be anonymous and all author-related file properties must be removed. Please include 4 keywords right below the title of the abstract.
4. Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per author. Each participant can appear as the first author of one presentation only.
5. Abstracts can be written in English or Chinese:
English: Please use Times New Roman font, size 12
Chinese: Please use Song font (宋体), size small 4
The working language of the conference is English, but presentations can be in Chinese or English.
6. The abstract should not exceed one page (examples and references included), with 2.5 cm (1 inch) margins.
7. Submitted abstracts will be evaluated anonymously. The criteria include the quality of the content, the clarity of the abstract, contribution to the field and thematic relevance.
To be confirmed
All questions about submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to Cambridge in July 2019!