The MML Annual Lecture ‘Multilingualism and Language Learning – Exploring the Boundaries, Rethinking Extremes’ will take place on Thursday 18 October, 5:00-7:00 pm, at St Catharine’s College as part of the Festival of Ideas. The speaker will be Dr Thomas Bak from the School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences at Edinburgh University.
Bookings will need to be made independently online via the Festival of Ideas website. Please note that bookings are essential for this event. Any queries please email Ros Boswell at email@example.com.
Please see the attached flyer for details.
Other MML Festival of Ideas events can also be booked via the FoI website:
20 October: MML Talks
- 11:00am-12:00pm: ‘French Revolutions in Painting’ – Dr Claire White
- 12:30-1:30pm: ‘A Rediscovered Jewel of the Biblioteca Aprosiana in Ventimiglia’ – Dr Helena Sanson
- 2:00-3:00pm: ‘Language and Empire’ – Dr Caroline Egan
- 3:30-4:30pm: ‘Unreadable Books: Bruno Munari’s Graphic and Textual Playground’ – Dr Pierpaolo Antonello
- 5:00-6:00pm: ‘Testimonies of Global Movement in German Literature’ – Dr Yvonne Zivkovic
27 October, 2:00-5:00pm: Talk and discussion – 'Language Skills for the 21st Century'